Diana Pelzer, DDS
Meet Dr. Pelzer
Dr. Diana Pelzer is a board-certified pediatric dentist and has been living and practicing in the Des Moines area since 2016. She grew up in Bettendorf, IA and attended The University of Iowa to complete her bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, D.D.S. and pediatric dental residency.
Dr. Pelzer was in private practice and then public health dentistry before building her dream, The Nest Pediatric Dentistry. She is proud to be a young, female entrepreneur and has built the office with her daughter in mind. In addition to practicing at The Nest, Dr. Pelzer is an adjunct faculty member in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at The University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics where she teaches dental students and pediatric dental residents.
Professional interests for Dr. Pelzer include infant oral healthcare such as lip- and tongue-ties, anxious patients (and parents!) and patients with special healthcare needs. She takes great care to engage each child to help them take pride in themselves, learn good habits to last a lifetime and actually enjoy visiting the dentist!
If Dr. Pelzer’s name sounds familiar, it’s probably because you’ve met Dr. Dan Pelzer, her husband, who is a pediatrician at The Iowa Clinic in West Des Moines. The Pelzers have a daughter, June, and a shih-tzu poodle mix, Moose.
Honors and Affiliations:
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry – Board certification, Diplomate 2017
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Predoctoral Award Recipient 2014
- Chief Resident in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry 2015
- Des Moines District Dental Society – Vice President
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry – Member
- Iowa Academy of Pediatric Dentistry – Member
- American Dental Society – Member
- Iowa Dental Association – Member